PowerFlex70 VFD Sink/Source wiring hookup.

Donald Green

:mad: I have a PowerFlex70 5HP VFD and want to hook up the digital inputs as Sink inputs. The User Manual states that you can use Sink or Source but does not show Sink Hook up. The Powerflex40 has a switch to change between Sink/Source but I cannot not find any swith or jumper for the PowerFlex70!

Does anyone know how to set the powerFlex70 up for sink inputs?

Thanks

1. It is better to post in the main forum than in the practice area. You get more views.

2. It depends on what is hooked to terminal 8 (Digital In Common). If DC common is hooked to terminal 8 then +24VDC is to be switched to the inputs. If +24VDC is hooked to terminal 8 then its DC common must be switched to the inputs. You could use the on board source of 24VDC (terminals 7 and 9) or an external supply.