CPU Status

Hi

I have L35E Controller. I programmed for reading the status of CPU using GSV function with the attribute name function and class name controller device. I configured the dest as DINT.

I am getting some value but i donot know which status bit corresponds to what?

Means if Controller is RUN mode which bit will show the status...

Regards
G.Vignesh

Hi

I have L35E Controller. I programmed for reading the status of CPU using GSV function with the attribute name function and class name controller device. I configured the dest as DINT.

I am getting some value but i donot know which status bit corresponds to what?

Means if Controller is RUN mode which bit will show the status...

Regards
G.Vignesh
I've used a CIP Message to get the processor status and it worked.
Not sure how to do it with GSV.

The destination for STATUS is an INT, not DINT, though DINT will work through promotion.

The bit definition for the status is actually given in the online HELP file for the GSV instruction. Look up "Instruction Help", "Input/Output", "GSV"... Scroll down, there is a link to the various GSV Objects.

It isn't a single bit, it is an encoded bitfield to show processor mode, keyswitch position, etc.

Both RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise have CPU status objects that can sense (and allow HMI products to display) the CPU mode even when it is in Fault or Program mode.

The original poster will have to post what "some value" is if he wants more advice.

If write the same GSV insruction logic to main routine and aslo the fault routine, then i can get the status even for fault condition. Pls clarify this is ok or not