panelview+ 1000 config menu

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I have a panelview+1000, one of the techs was playing around with it and loaded a program he made, but he did not add the goto config button.
My question is how to get to the config screen once the project is running with out any button to get there.
I have the user manual open, but cant seem to locate any information there.
Any help much appreciated.
P.S. The pv is ver 4 software.

Plug a keyboard into the USB port and press SHIFT, CRTL, ALT, and the Windows key together. Or, if it is a touch screen model, cycle power and touch the small white box in the lower left corner of the screen while the terminal is booting up.

Thanks for your reply, the white box never showed, and the keyboard didnt work. (not sure why)
What I ended up doing is loading another program through ethernet and told it to run at startup.
that did the trick.
Thanks again.

Go to Rockwell Knowledge Base...
Find "PV+ Boot Menu"..Get it and install to flash card. (PCMCIA)
Boot with it and it will give ya config screen.
If you can find, I'll post a link for ya.

For danny.michael's comment...
What he meant was at Panelview 1000 not plus.
In plus, while its booting and see memmory check, press top and bottom of right corner screen to halt the process. But, newer updated PV+ doesn't work.

RE:
Here is the tech ID.
"26037 - Return to Configuration Screen Utility"

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a panelview+1000, one of the techs was playing around with it and loaded a program he made, but he did not add the goto config button.
My question is how to get to the config screen once the project is running with out any button to get there.
I have the user manual open, but cant seem to locate any information there.
Any help much appreciated.
P.S. The pv is ver 4 software.

I have seen on some of the newer touch screen PV+, when you power up a flashing box will appear for a few moments, pressing this box gets you into configuration mode.

I believe the white box in the corner was added to the PV+ at a certain firmware level, in response to problems like the O.P. had. If his unit had older firmware, then the boot file (on a memory card or recognizable usb stick) or a download is the only way in.

Thanks again,
You all are always a great help. We have alot of ver 4 PV'S and was seeing how to upgrade them to ver 5.
It is very easy for anyone wondering and there is a great video on the AB website, just a little FYI.