Edit draw DMACS software

ittisak

Hi, We have a HMI software is dmacs that runs on DOS V5.0 and now, I need to modify some control and alarms ,But I dont know how to edit that soft ware is have license key . I need to know the solution to edit program

thank you:geek:

Wow, were talking about a +15 year old system here. First I would caution you to have a TOTAL system backup of ALL files on that hard drive before changing anything.

Then, IIRC, just exit View and run Draw.exe. You may need to remove the dongle (license key). I think they had the 2 hour demo mode for that version, but maybe not.

Next, I would again caution you to get a user manual. While it's pretty simple, and I used to be a DMACS distributer and System Integrator, I can't start to remember how to do all the things your asking. And I was a wiz at it. Mostly it's just menu navigation as the screens and functions have remained the same over the years.

I don't understand. Can you explain "Also can't do nothing" ?

I'll try to help best I can, but all my user manuals got tossed when the company I worked for went bankrupt 6 years ago. Even then DMACS DOS was old and not used as the Windows versions had been out for almost 10 years.

Searching the web for 15-20 year old documentation doesn't turn up anything.

If I were in your situation, I would buy either Wonderware or Fix32 (I don't like iFix at all) or Redlion G3 and convert it.

You mentioned another harddrive and putting in another computer. The old DOS Dmacs was very tempermental in terms of processor speed. Changing from one computer to the next and increasing speed, caused me many headaches.
George

" Also can't do nothing " I try to remove the dongle (license key).after run Draw.exe but can't run. And I try use new harddisk in new PC is can't run Draw.exe .
I think should be make new software (Wonderware)but How can know about Tag database.

Last edited: