ML1100 and Rinstrum 423 scale ethernet

pdcsah5

I am trying to get the scale to send the weight data thru the ethernet to the ML1100. I have them connected and can ping both, so I think I have them cable correctly. What command in the PLC do I use to bring the data to a N:X file?

I have only used hyperterminal to read serial data - so how is it interfaced through ethernet? Do they have some software that does serial-over-ethernet? If so, that really isn't going to work with an ML1100. MSG instructions would be used if the protocols are correct, but reviewing the specs it looks like they have a serial-to-ethernet application for a PC, and then a set of 'open sockets' for a custom protocol. To the best of knowledge, you can't do roll-your-own protocols with an ML1100. I think AB has an external ethernet device that supports a custom protocol, but I don't know if it is supported by an ML1100. I guess I would probably buy a Redlion part (Master Controller or G3 HMI) and write my own TCP driver to get the data out, then pass it to the ML1100 using the standard PCCC over EIP suite of protocols. That keeps everything ethernet.

Does the scale has RS-232 serial port? If yes then you need to hookup direct from the scales's serial port direct to the ML1100 Channel 0 (set the driver to ASCII). Then use the ARD (ASCII Read) command to retrieve the data. ARD command does not support the Ethernet port.

I think the data for the scale is natively RS-232 protocol and have been converted into Ethernet protocol, so you need to convert the Ethernet protocal back to serial so that it can communication with ML1100.

Yes that is the module. I am now changing the way I am going to communicate. I am going to use serial from the scale to channel 0 of ML1100. The ethernet that is provide from the scale will not work with the ehternet/ip that I am using on the ML1100. I am working on getting everything set up. I will keep everyone posted.

Thank you all.