Probably a silly question, any help appreciated

ijm51000

Hi,

I am just doing an assignment for my college course and I have just one silly question.

On an Allen-Bradley PLC5 what exactly is forced I/O?

I have searched but not found a good answer.

Cheers

How it works. An input or output is forced when it is commanded to either remain true or false with the force instruction. Any normal logic or inputs within the program will have no effect. I'm sure there is a classic textbook answer that is somewhat different.

Hi jrwb4gbm, That makes sense, thank you a very much for the quick reply

Milldrone, Only one I will waste the forums time with:) The rest I will keep to myself.

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for the info it explains everything.

what had me confused was the AB documents make such a big deal of saying x amounts of the I/O is forcible making it sound specific to their equipment.

Thanks to all for great information.

Ian

Asking stupid questions is how you learn....take it from someone who has asked plenty of them. You want my advice?? Don't stop asking them. The more you ask, the more you learn.