Closed Loop control Questions

kevilay

Hey guys, Im not sure how appropriate this is for this forum but I have received alot of help from you guys in the past. Im taking industrial automation as a major at school. The final day of our PLC programming class this teacher dropped a Closed Loop control problems handout on us and told us there will be questions like this on our final exam and we should know how to do it. I hate asking for help when I have little understanding of a subject, but I dont know where else to turn, we got these problems today and our exam is tomorrow. I have a 3.8gpa right now and hope to keep it that way. Everyclass we have had this this teacher is in a lab programming plcs 0.o. Anyways a reference to some finished examples would be awesome. FYI im familiar with laplase transforms. Here are the links to my pages, I probably wont be able to get it all done tonight but atleast if i understand the basics I can get some part marks, ill get 100%s on all the programs on the exam.

Page 1
page1xl.png
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/page1xl.png/

Page 2
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/page2i.png/
page2i.png

This is just the first 2 of 6 pages, once I get the understanding I hope Ill be able to figure out the rest. Sorry to ask for help like this guys, any help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Last edited:
didnt think to check wikipedia thanks man, I gotta figure out eqs for damping factor and things of that sort now.

Kevin

Be more specific. I know a lot about this topic.

Text books usually determine damping factor from percent over shoot.

Search for the terms you need.
"damping factor percent overshoot"
You will find the formulas you want. This has all be done before. I had no problem finding overshoot as a function of damping factor.