S7 300 and HMI via Profibus

O_P

Hello!

This i actually not my problem, but I'am just curios becaus
my college claims that if you're communicating with an HMI for exemple a Beijer panel via PB.. The input/output data on the PB are 0 at first scan when the CPU starts up after an power loss etc.
The reason for this is that the data is declared on IW/QW in the siemens PLC, and not directly to a data word..
So at first scan the CPU dosent detect any values on IW/QW..

I'am not used to the S7-family, but in other PLC's the PB data are declared directly to an data word that always contains the last value.

Is this true?
If yes, is there a nice work around for this?

(sorry for my bad english, I'am in a hurry)

Regards OP

Ok, after som reading I've realasied that if you are using the specific S7 driver in the HMI you can adress directley to a DB. But not if you are using yhe generic driver...