How to communicateMitsubishi FX1N and Pro-Face GP2300 HMI>>

slimjet84

Hi,
Does any one know how to communicate MItsubishi FX1N or FX2N with or without 485/422bd with Pro-Face GP2300 HMI??
I tried to summon Hades which is easier:doh2: then this thing u can guess what have been i through...

thanks but i have tried these

thanks parky but i have tried all these methods still no use can u specifly tell me which cable / connection settings of FX1n/FX2n and which Protocol type settings you applied in GProPBWin C-Package03 ?

It was many years ago and on an older Proface, however, it was to the programming port and the cable was purchased with the HMI I believe.
The settings were the standard 9600,even, 1 , 7 I believe.
This has to be 422 for the programming port.
See page 5 of the GPW-MTB_FX-MH01Ea.pdf FX interface manual that can be accessed at the last link I gave you.
That link takes you to a page where you select 5 steps
Step 1 Manual
Step2 HMI Old Series
Step 3 GP200 series
Step 4 Device /PLC connection
Step 5 Additional manual for Device / PLC Connection and it will give you a number of downloads, just select the Mitsubishi connection manual.
Scroll down to the Mitsubishi pdf
All the connections are shown further down the manual including the pinouts to make your own.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
interesting its going

well i think you are not getting my point what i have been asking is this....
while there are two types cables ,
1-->One side (PLC) is M8Dpin other is Gp 25pin male Connector ,
2-->One side (PLC) are 4 wires RDA RDB SDA SDB and other side is Gp 25pin male Connector.
using RS422 stuff which is described in manual of GP2300. in addition to this subject
SDA and SDB has 330ohm (terminating) resistor attached near plc.
RDA and RDB has 330ohm (terminating) resistor attached near plc.
SDA and SDB has 100ohm Resistor Attached because i am using custom cable as described in mannual.
and i tried all possible combinations with following settings and all i got is PLC receive data error somewhat 2FD means plc is communicating but data is not being decipher by HMI ,.that is why i need to know specific Wire Connection and Specific one of the attached / following setting to clear all my doubts.
I hope u\ve got the idea.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG ,

Last edited:
As I said I used a cable supplied so I have no idea of the connections onto the proface
Here is another manual that might be useful.
Are you sure you have not damaged the port on the FX can you still communicate with GX developer ?
also if you have been on-line with GX developer or other IDE with the PLC at a different baud rate i.e. 19200, power down the PLC and re-start it to set it back to the default.

https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/files/manual/gpproex/V3_12/device/data/mitfxcpu.pdf

Last edited:
yup every thing else is ok

every thing is Ok and check with another hmi ....
and i am reading your next mannual thanx for every thing

Sorry I cannot help anymore, I do not have a Proface HMI and all those years ago I had no problems with the supplied cable.