Problem with analog output FX1N-1DA-BD

Satar

Hi
We're having issues with an FX1N-1DA-BD Analog output module.
We're using an metallic contamination sensor MCS 1000 to detect particles.
This sends pulses for particles detected in a 30 second time window to a Mitsibushi PLC FX1S-10MR-ES/UL which in turn gets converted from a digital value 0-2000 pulses -> analog value 4-20mA and sends the data to our DCS.
The range is adjusted so that 4mA represents 0 particles, and 20mA should represent 2000 particles.
The problem is that the analog output module never sends an current over 6.42mA.
It starts with 4.0mA then maxes out at 6.42mA long before the max range of 2000.
We can't find a problem in the program and are starting to suspect some hardware configuration we're missing.

Manual FX1N-1DA-BD
Hoping that someone here might have some experience with these modules
Thanks!

Hardware configuration is made in PLC program. So either it is malfunctioning FX1N-1DA-BD or bad program or malfunctioning MCS 1000.