Mitsubishi FX1n-24MT

mumix

Hello people, i'm new with the mitsubishi FX1n-24MT plc and with the gx developer its very new to me and i want to implement for students a stand that has on left and right side cylinders piston and one above, all 3 pistons are actioned by 1 solenoid valve and are using 6 senzor , on the left and right 4 senzor for the pistons, 1 inside for detect component and another one for the up piston, and to start all together pistons simultaneous its actioned by 2 push buttons.how is it posible to build one in ladder programming with this old plc:(

Not sure exactly want you want perhaps a drawing of the system would help.
From what I gather you have 2 cylinders one each side (assume this is some sort of table that extends upwards & one cylinder either on top of this that extends or perhaps a cylinder that extends downwards ?.
A simple drawing even if it is a pencil one photographed & posted. What are ther rwo buttons ? i.e. you say all cylinders operate at the same time so are these buttons one to actuate & one to retract ?.
Are the solenoids double acting or single acting i.e. double one for up & other for down ?.
Or are they single acting i.e. When energised (on) they extend & when signal is removed (off) retract.
I assume you are using the sensors for the cylinders to check that they have reached the up or down position, however, the UP piston(Cylinder) only has one for up & the 6th one is for component in position. is this correct.
Perhaps explain in a little more detail like what is this equipment is it some sort of press or something else.
A detailed sequence of operation would also be helpful as what we might interpret could be wrong.
Perhaps like below describe the operation
One start button (could be extend).
One Stop Button (could be retract).
3 Cylinders double acting i.e. two solenoids for each cylinder (or single acting signal on to extend signal off to retract)
What happens if the sensors do not detect the position.
Is the part moved by the 3rd cylinder ?.
Example of a pick & place
Step 1 Press start
Step 2 wait for part has been placed in nest (part sensor) send down pick cylinder
Step 3 pick cylinder is down (down sensor) grip part
Step 4 Send pick cylinder up
Step 5 pick Cylinder is up (Up sensor) Send out transfer cylinder
Step 6 Transfer cylinder out (Out sensor) Send down pick cylinder
Step 7 Pick cylinder down in place position (down sensor) open grip
Step 8 Send pick cylinder up.
Step 9 Pick cylinder up & out Send out cylinder back.
Step 10 pick & out cylinder up & back wait for next part (go back to step2).
Reset by pressing stop button (perhaps controlled stop wait until pick & place cylinders back to start position).
I have GXDeveloper so can guide you through the I/O & internal functions & give you some simple logic to get you started.

Last edited:
2jGnw50

thanks for the answer parky, so i have this made by myself electric it goes through a coil that protect the plc mitsubishi(not finish yet) want to implement a relay and ground for the box, but still the solenoid i have only pone can build a Y type for the air to split for the solenoid
Are the solenoids double acting or single acting i.e. double one for up & other for down ?.
single
I assume you are using the sensors for the cylinders to check that they have reached the up or down position, however, the UP piston(Cylinder) only has one for up & the 6th one is for component in position. is this correct.
yes the 6 senzor inside the machine i dont care more or les because i don't know the instruction for the piston in mitsubish
i
A detailed sequence of operation would also be helpful as what we might interpret could be wrong.
basic when the student press 2 push button(for safety because whit 1 hand i dont care, safety first for them the operation should go like this, when you press simultanoeus left right button the 3 piston from left and right and above activate goes down all then like a timer like 30 second goes in back and when they put a part inside and press all 2 pushbutton simulataneous all rod from the cilinder goes to grab the part and hold it, if no part is inside the the machine will not start that is the inside senzor that detect it, the input/output i dont care only to try to run the machine and explain to then
2jGnw50

Old PLC or not - The FX1n is a good PLC.
Just so you are aware, the MT part means it is a transistor output type (not relay) so you will have to use 24v dc.

Attached is a printout of a very simple system based on what I understand you want to do, if you want a file it is too large to post here just send me a private message with your email address & I will send it to you.
Not sure of the inputs/outputs you are using but assumed the following as in the printout.
How it works:
Assume the part in place sensor is sensing the part & all cylinders are down (cylinder down sensors) & the two buttons are pressed then it pulses an internal memory to set a internal memory to start the cycle.
Should the operator release any of the two buttons it resets everything.
The internal memory M1 drives the cylinder(s) output to send all three cylinders up, when they reach the up position sensors the timer starts (timers are 100ms (0.1 seconds) increments so K300 = 30 seconds.
When the timer has timed out it resets the cycle latch & the cylinders retract, if the operator keeps the buttons pressed it will not start again until the buttons are released and the part sensor is true.
There are many functions the PLC can do like counts, compare data perhaps you need to download the FX manual to get yourself up to speed.
You could add more functionallity like flash a spare output if the sensors do not sense position, or count the number of operations etc. if you need more help do not hesitate to post.

Thanks will reply shortly because the presure for the stand its not enough and we think the distribution of the air for the cylinders are not enough so we are thinking to put another solenoid valve 1 for the side and 1 for the up piston and a safety eaton relay we will put inside