How to upload actual program from PLC S7-314 to PC

kaveemuanza

Hi all! i need to upload the running program in the S7-314 PLC to a PC,I this might be simple to some of you, but I am a beginner pls assist. what initial preparation do I need to do and also the uploading procedures to make sure you have the information from the PLC? Any one out there to help?

In Simatic Manager, use the function PLC .. Upload Station to PG.
The dialog that appears will ask you for connection details, i.e. rack and slot, and MPI address if you connect via MPI or IP address if you connect via ethernet.

The uploaded program will not contain any comments or symbol information.

Thanks JasperMP! I will try it and seethe out come. To go online do I just need to use the PC cable?
what if Iwant to see the comments or observe how a particular instruction is performing?

Depending on the CPU type, there will be MPI, DP or Ethernet ports.
To go online via MPI or DP, you need for example the PC Adapter USB.
To go online via Ethernet, you need a regular ethernet cable.

Without the original project source, there will be no comments or symbols.

But you can follow what the code does online.
If the program is not quite simple or small, it will be a monumental task to dissect it without comments and symbols.