DNB module error:"bus off detected"

yang1216

Hi,all. I need your help.
The problem is a little complicated.
We have a DNB module which is 11.1 version. But when I add DNB to my project in RSLogix 5000, there is version 10 maximum. So in RSLinx I can see the DNB module, but cannot explore the DeviceNet under the module. I have change it with a 7.1 version module, and then the network is OK. How can I resolve the prolem without change the module?
But the problem is not over. There are some RIO adpters and some VFDs in the DNet. It works very well with the RIO adpters. But when I tried to start a VFD through DNet, the DNB module failed with error msg "bus off detected". I have tried to just send the speed reference to the VFD, the high 16 bit of the Data, it was OK. But when I set the bit 1, the run command bit, the module failed again!
Who can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Do not worry about the firmware version; just configure the 1756-DNB to the highest firmware revision available in your particular version of RSLogix 5000, and disable electronic keying.

"Bus Off Detected" is a serious signal failure. It's usually related to loose wires, short circuits, or very high levels of noise.

If it happens only when you start a variable-frequency drive, then the Bus Off error is likely related to noise on the network.

The usual troubleshooting steps apply: check for a continuous shield that is grounded in one place. Check for a grounded V- at the power supply. Check for one terminating resistor each at the far ends of the trunk cable.

What model of variable-frequency drives are these ? Are they well grounded for noise remediation ? Be sure the DeviceNet cable is routed well away from the output conductors of the drive.

Thanks Ken.
I have tried to disable electronic keying, but it didn't work. Then I changed the module.
In my net, there are just three VFD, two PowerFlex 70EC and one PowerFelx 700S.