timer / digital switch help pls

sheryl86_ann

Hi!

Greetings!
Does anyone here can help me understand how to make or how to program a timer in which it has a 4 wires, first lines were all shorted for x input signal, 2nd lines for another x input signal until reach 4 inputs (x) signals. The other wire is the output (y). I had 3 timers. The 1st timer is a two digit and its output say y23 and y22. The 2nd timer I had is only one digit and its output is y26 and the last is also 1 digit which is y27.

My question is, why the 4 inputs are shorted? When will it starts counting? How to put the x inputs and y outputs in PLC program? I really cannot understand. When I tried to give an output say at y23 and put digits on it from 0 to 9, it has corresponding x input signals. Hoping someone here can send me a sample PLC program for this. Advance is good but basic is better.

Please help. I need it so bad. Do you have any manual?

Thank you very much! Merry Christmas! Hope to here some.

Sincerely,

Sheryl - Philippines

This link should begin a download of a manual for the basic programming instructions for the F3X PLC.

http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=010000000000000001000001292701000

I have not looked at a Mitsubishi timer for quite a while, but if memory serves, the first (top) input on your timer is an "Enable" input. Turning this off resets the timer while leaving it on keeps the accumulated time active. I believe the second input is the "Timer" input we are all use to. For the outputs, I believe the first one shows the timer is "Enabled" and the second shows when the timer has reached its preset.

Hope this helps (and is right) but either way, its worth every cent.

Steve