Create UDT and COP

Bob O

I have used RSLogix5000 in the past to make small code changes but now I need to go deeper.
I have a 1794-IE8 over DeviceNet that has all been configured with the help of another programmer.
My first two AI are coming in on Local:2:I.Data[102] DINT and I need to split this.
What I did was create a UDT called Burner_Analog_In with 8 members Named Burner_Analog_In_0……..7 all with data type INT.
I then used the COP from Local:2:I.Data[102] to Destination Burner_Analog_In length 4. I did have to create a new tag called Burner_Analog_In and give it data type INT once I did my COP so I am not sure if this is all correct.
Clear as mud?[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any and all help is appreciated[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I would change your UDT name to "Burner_analog_In_type", then make your tag Burner_Analog_In of data type Burner_analog_In_type. The COP may not work, so you may have to make COP or MOV instructions to fill in each element of Burner_Analog_In from the card.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

I think that sounds right. I have 2 points of AI at [102] and 2 on [103] and so on for [104] and [105].
I just need to split [102] into the two AI points so I can use it in the code.

1. Once you have created the UDT you have created a description of a new variable type. NOW you must create a tag of that type (ie Burner_Analog_In). You could call it the same name but that would be very confusing. NOW you have a tag which has the properties as described in your UDT. Lets call this tag B_A_I. B-A-I will have the 8 members Named Burner_Analog_In_0……..7 as you described. Go to the tag monitor and open up the tag to verify.

2. Next - your COP command should have as a target this newly created tag. The command should have a length of 1. The length of a COP command is in terms of the target data type. The following now happens:

Local:2:I.Data[102] -> BAI.Burner_Analog_In.0 (which should contain the Least Significant integer of Data[102]) and BAI.Burner_Analog_In.1 (which should contain the Most Significant Integer of Data [102]

Local:2:I.Data[103] -> BAI.Burner_Analog_In.2 (which should contain the Least Significant integer of Data[103]) and BAI.Burner_Analog_In.3 (which should contain the Most Significant Integer of Data [103]

Local:2:I.Data[104] -> BAI.Burner_Analog_In.4 (which should contain the Least Significant integer of Data[104]) and BAI.Burner_Analog_In.5 (which should contain the Most Significant Integer of Data [104]

Local:2:I.Data[105] -> BAI.Burner_Analog_In.6 (which should contain the Least Significant integer of Data[105]) and BAI.Burner_Analog_In.7 (which should contain the Most Significant Integer of Data [105]

Last edited:
Thanks to all that replied. With your help I managed to fumble through it.
I need to do some more reading.

Thanks Again