RSView32 question

GoranN0

Hello,
I have one interesting question. I need a help.

I am in process of developing some pretty simple aplication in RSView . I have to show up live data on the screen. Let's say I have made 5 different screens (displays) and I want to show them on TV monitor. Those RSView screens are non-functional, I mean they are showing a data but they don't have a buttons. My question is: how to setup that those 5 screens are switching by themself for example every 30sec. It is something like Power Point presentation with live data on the screens. So, shortly, 5 screens in cycle, 30sec per screen (display).

Thank you!

Goran

You can write a script in each screen that opens the next screen after x time.
You could also write a global script to do the same thing.
You could have the PLC switch the screens as well.

Setup a derived tag to add 1 to itself every second. Then setup an event to display screen 1 when the derived tag is 30 setup another event to display screen 2 when the derived tag is 60 and so on. Reset the derived tag when the value is 150. I sure you could write a VBA macro do to the same thing but I dont think it is worth the effort.

If you want to go through all of the screens in less than 60 seconds just divide the number of screens by 60 and use that as your interval in the timed events.