PanelView 1400E CRT Replacement?

mrdegold

Lifetime Supporting Member
It seems that over the weekend we lost the CRT on a PanelView 1400E (Cat#2711E-T14C6 Ser.A).
Has anybody used any of the LCD "drop in replacements"? I wanted to try to get a feel for if it is as easy as they show on youtube.
Also I'm hoping that someone can help me out and created a .PDF file of the PanelView 1400E program for me to use as a Reference. If you could PM me I will email the File. The Forum will not let me attach the file to this post or I just can't figure it out.
Most of the panelview operations are completed using a plant scada system and not the PanelView. We use the Panelview as more of a backup and for some more obscure functions.
Thanks for the Help
Michael

Update

I found a copy of the software and a copy of the program. I printed a hard copy for a reference.
I would still be interested if anyone has replaced the CRT with a LCD??
thanks again

vjtx,
Did you have an issue with the LCD being a lower resolution than the CRT. I just loaded an application from a PV 1400e CRT to an LCD version and got a mistake error.

" Mistake application requires a higher resolution panel"

Do I have to make a change in the software?

Thanks

I would also like to know this. We have a PanelView (cant remember the number) and the backlight has failed rendering the CRT unviewable.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it might be a LCD PanelView already hmm

As it turns out our application had been set up for 800x600 res. The LCD replacement was 480x640 res. We were able to get into the application and downsize. We are having to redo graphics as some buttons were off the screen. Check the resolution on a screen you may buy off of the internet. The dealer I bought from had no idea.

Thanks and good luck

jfrey412
I ended up not doing anything with the panelview. My plant has a plant wide scada system that has been in place for sometime. The majority of the functionality of the panel was already being done through the scada system. I ended up migrating the remaining functions that were left to the scada and just powered down the 1400E.
Sorry I could be more help.
Michael