devicenet encoder

robw53

as part of my large scale training panel i have come across a spare devicenet encoder, are these capable of been setup to feed a 1769-SDN or are they only for a servo drive with devicenet for positioning?

i do have 2 other encoders which i will feed from 2 small motors on VSD's to a 1769-HSE but fancy a devicenet station in my panel to practice comms etc, maybe i should leave the encoder out and try something else on devicenet? any suggestions?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello! I have a question about replacement of absolute encoder over DeviceNet. A vendor of new encoder is Hengstler. I have some DIP switches on...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I know I should know this , but when you replace a DeviceNet Encoder can you just select the proper dip switches for the node...
Replies
Views
According to LED light on my 842D DeviceNet Absolute Multi‐Turn Magnetic Encoder, the encoder is"Active but not allocated by master devicenet"...
Replies
Views
I am using a Rockwell 842d absolute multiturn encoder with a 1747 SDN Devicenet scanner. Where the encoder is a 26 bit encoder I was expecting to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I wanted to change/reset the position value of the above encoder. I have RSNetWorx for DeviceNet and RSLogix5000. What is the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom