842d Devicenet multi-turn encoder

pauly

I am using a Rockwell 842d absolute multiturn encoder with a 1747 SDN Devicenet scanner. Where the encoder is a 26 bit encoder I was expecting to see the LSW to count to 32767 and then back to zero and the MSW to clock up by 1 (obviously dependant on the PPR etc. The problem is I am not seeing any value in the MSW at all. The count is going in the correct direction but wraps around in the LSW instead of counting up in the MSW. As I said the there's a value coming back but only in the LSW.
Any body used these and had the same problem?
Any help appreciated

I am using a Rockwell 842d absolute multiturn encoder with a 1747 SDN Devicenet scanner. Where the encoder is a 26 bit encoder I was expecting to see the LSW to count to 32767 and then back to zero and the MSW to clock up by 1 (obviously dependant on the PPR etc. The problem is I am not seeing any value in the MSW at all. The count is going in the correct direction but wraps around in the LSW instead of counting up in the MSW. As I said the there's a value coming back but only in the LSW.
Any body used these and had the same problem?
Any help appreciated

Sounds like a misconfiguration with the D-net scanner. Check your I/O assembly sizes.