s7 db strings

dh5306

hi
does anybody know how to monitor string values
in S7 V5.4.DBs
Im sure i,ve seen it done

thanks

Create a VAT.

Insert a new object into your program called a variable table and you can monitor from there.

You cannot monitor directly in a DB.

Hope this helps.
-Joel

As far as I know it isn't possible. I've been working with Step 7 for 5 years now. But there are many people on this site with alot more knowledge so maybe they will chime in.

Its possible to see the current values if you open the datablock online or switch from offline/online view. Not the googles real online view!!!! Then you will see the latest string values. This will not update you will have to toogle offline/online to update the values.

Similar Topics

Hey all, was wondering if it was possible to shift values in an array of strings? I have a database that I am loading up with "Users" in the...
Replies
Views
hi All I am completely green in Mitsubishi PLC (i used to program siemens) but need kepware to connect to FX3U pls with ENET adp module. Could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a list selector which I want to display the recipe found inside a plc-5. The recipe is store in an ascii table with each character...
Replies
Views
I'm fairly new to View Studio SE. I'm trying to do a simple visibility animation, but I would like to do so with a string tag. The tag is one...
Replies
Views
For those of you that like living on the bleeding edge of development, you can do this without the need to resort to In/Outs and dummy references...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom