Modicon PLC Upload problem

ry_fern

Hi guys!

I would like to seek for your your help.

We have this project to integrate another Weak Acid cation vessel with the existing program. The problem is we don't have a backup of the latest running program in the PLC. When I try to upload it, only the configuration is uploaded. The program sections are not included. I understand that the IEC Upload information was not included by the programmer which makes the program disabled from upload.

I badly need the running program in the Momentum PLC, is there another way to upload the program?:cry::cry:

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nope - if it's programmed in IEC, and the upload wasn't enabled when it was sent to the PLC, you won't be able to extract it from the PLC. You'll need to get the original files from the programmer.

Kenschunk,

Thank you for the information. This is what a simple failure in backing up files can cause someone a lot of problems. Unfortunately, the programmer has lost his backup. I only have his early programs that has been modified so many times.

I know this may sound funny but how about entering (or hacking) the very CPU of the Momentum?

Thank you.

Last edited: