factorytalk view se desklock setup

macgioo2

Hey,

I am wondering if soneone can help me?

I'm using desklock application to administer security privileges in factory talk.

I have created 3 windows users with administrator rights.

I am using desklock to lock the windows environment, automatically logon to the system and start the application.

However when it comes to starting the application I get told I have not got the priviledges to do this, has any one got any idea what is happening here.

I have created the same 3 users in the application but I can't access the application using any of these either!!

Please help!

I have created the same 3 users in the application but I can't access the application using any of these either!!

Please help!

Have you created them in the application as "Windows Linked User" ? That is the only way to get logon credentials from Windows to SE View.

Did you try setting FT application security to "All Users"?

Did you add the actual computer to the Computers list?

The users are in the Windows Admin Group which is linked to windows is is nit.

All users have full access.

Which list are you talking about for the pc?

FYI

In the end I gave up trying to link my local users to windows.

I then tried to link my windows users to the application, to no avail.

To conclude I ended up using Microsoft Steady State to lock out the windows environment for a set number of users and used regedit to handle the autologon process.

I'm having serious doubts about the factoryTalk software!!!