CP-343 connection cables

We solved the problem with 2 tests. Crosslink and Straight:)
Cp343-1 cards needs crosslink cable between two cards.
New laptops network cards can communicate with both cable types on cp-341.
🍻

That CP343-1 type you posted has an integral switch. It shouldnt be necessary to use a crossed cable.

This is from the online help:
"The "automatic setting" also includes an autocrossing mechanism; regardless of the properties of the partner device, you can therefore use either a crossover or straight-through cable for the connection."

To my experience, if you have made a connection with a straight cable and install a crossed cable, it will not work. In that case you must cycle power. Maybe this has been improved in later versions.

Both port are automatic setting mode in hardware configuration, but link between both cards work only with crosslink cable.
I think so the problem is:
Card firmware version is v2.1 but i installed v2.0 gsd file. i will upgrade gsd file to version v2.1 and test again.

Since it says so in the online help text, and it is directly from a Siemens device to a Siemens device, then I would call this an "issue".
I would send a service request to Siemens about this.

It is not a big deal, since we know that it will work with a crossed cable. The problem may be if the ethernet cable needs replacement later, and someone attempts to use a normal straight cable.

Thank you for you help JesperMP :)

First i will try to install v.2.1 gsd file and then send request to Siemens support.

Have a good day !