1756 ENET/B Losing IP Address

scalelar

I have a 1756 ENET/B crd that keeps losing the configuration after a power loss. We set it to a static address and when we look at the card via linx after a power up it is back to bootp enabled.This is the second card and with the same result.Is there a trick to making it stick?

Yeah I think so. In linx you have uncheck the bootp box before you can enter the ip. Is there anything else needed to disable bootp?

I didn't think that you had to uncheck bootp to give it an IP address. That sounds like DHCP to me. Maybe I'm wrong though. I always have used the bootp utility to assign it though.

The box says BOOTP/DHCP so you disable them both. I looked i the manual and didn't see anything different as far as the linx setup.
Thanks for the replies.

IIRC, you have to get into the ENET card, set the IP address, uncheck the check boxes as appropriate, Save the program locally and re-download it (the entire program) into the controller.

-John