Problem with ET200s ModbusMaster

idell

hi there
please help me who has more experience in ET200S serial comunication.
I have a S7-300 configuration and ET200S with 1SI Serial Module(ModBus Master). Want to create ModBUS connection. The send function (FB3-S_Send_SI) works, but recieve function (FB2 - S_RECV_SI) return error nr. W#16#0830 - can't find the description of this in the manual of comunication module.

hi there
please help me who has more experience in ET200S serial comunication.
I have a S7-300 configuration and ET200S with 1SI Serial Module(ModBus Master). Want to create ModBUS connection. The send function (FB3-S_Send_SI) works, but recieve function (FB2 - S_RECV_SI) return error nr. W#16#0830 - can't find the description of this in the manual of comunication module.

I once tried to implement Modbus functionality with ET200S but found it hard to understand the documents i found. I gave up, and instead i used the 1SI 3964/ASCII module (6ES7 138-4DF01-0AB0)

My project was simple, just poll some values from another modbus unit, therfor it was simple to implement it.

I can recommend you this way to solve the problem if you only have to read out values from another modbus unit.

It get's a little bit more complicated if you need to communicate dynamically both directions.

pethoek & krk thank you for answers, the device that i tested was a Lovato Power monitoring Device, now i'm trying the same program with Siemens Sentron PAC3100 and it works fine.

Hi, I am using a similar setup:

CPU - 315-2DP
ET200S - 151-1 Compact (16DI/16DO)
2 - 3964/ASCII reading modules (138-4FDF01-0AB0)

I have downloaded the manual and program from the siemens website and have been using that with my main program. After working with everything a bit I have finally got some barcode readings into the program.

The problem I am having is that the program (downloaded from siemens) reads the correct number of characters from my barcode (25), but it only transfers and stores the last portion of the barcode. The first 15 characters are skipped, this same problem occurs with a barcode with a length of 19, the first 15 characters are not in the DB as they should.

I do get an error of 0806H in the program, which I believed refers to the character delay time. I increased this delay time both according to the manual and then significantly higher with no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this working for a customer ASAP.

My setting for both the BCR and module are:
Baud rate- 9600
Parity- Even
Stop Bit- 1
Data Flow- None
Character delay- 1
End Detection- End of Text Character
End of Text Character- 13
Interface- RS232C

Sorry character delay time is 4 for 9600 Baud, but I had it as high as 2000ms with no change except the delay at the end before I get an error.

I was still trying to figure out the solution and found if I extended the delay time to 2000ms or more that I would get another character in so now only the first 14 characters are not coming in.

Also to be specific this is the 8byte version installed I tried the 4 byte with the exact same results.