Step 7 ET200s - PID controller - dt problem

naturephoenix

How can I get the curret "t" in SCL
dt=tnow-tprevious

I dont know how to get "tnow". I am not sure should it be in s(seconds) or miliseconds. I know that a cycle of my OB1 is somthing like 5ms.
So any help out there?

I would recommend running your PID code out of a cyclic OB, like OB35, instead of OB1. They have a much more defined interval than OB1.

I use this to calculate the time between PID calls:
Code:
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Calculate the sample time[/COLOR]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Transfer previous time from last Current[/COLOR]
#Previous_Time:= #Current_Time;
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Transfer Current time to previous time[/COLOR]
#"Cycle_Time_n-1":= #Cycle_Time;
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Get the new Current Time[/COLOR]
#"RD-Sys_T_return":= RD_SYS_T(#Current_Time);
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Subtract Current from Previous to get Time in ms[/COLOR]
#Cycle_Time:= T_DIFF(IN1:=#Current_Time, IN2:=#Previous_Time);
[COLOR=SeaGreen]// Convert to Real and divide by 1000 to get time in seconds[/COLOR]
#Time_in_Secs:= DINT_TO_REAL(TIME_TO_DINT(#Cycle_Time))/1000;
I am working with S7-1200 so I don't know if there is anything similar for the ET200s. I can't use a Cyclic Interrupt because the data isn't always available in a fixed period.