Siemens Graph

ason

Hey, i have a step time that i wanna change from a HMI.

can i use a DB and what type do i need to have on that?
or is there any other way to do it?

graph.jpg

Did you try to use db? did you check what type is t# from help? I suggest you do those first.

I have tried this.
DB1
time_1 type S5#TIME

and did put that in the comparison. then i got wrong type in the graph.
also tried INT, WORD DWORD, but no luck.

if i use a regular timer in a FC i can deceleration a line like this
DB1
time_1 type S5#TIME

S5Time (S5t#1S) format is not the same Time Format (T#1S) If you wish to vary the time the best way would be to pass the time into your sequence block as a parameter that you can then substitute for the fixed value you have at present. You can then pass a data word containing your desired time value.

Nick

It should be possible if you choose DINT the Time is given in ms so if you scale the tag in the hmi with gain 1000 then you should be able to change number of seconds a delay should be..

I have never done this with graph but with the TON timers..

I have tried this.
DB1
time_1 type S5#TIME

and did put that in the comparison. then i got wrong type in the graph.
also tried INT, WORD DWORD, but no luck.

if i use a regular timer in a FC i can deceleration a line like this
DB1
time_1 type S5#TIME

So you did not even bother to look what is type t#. Pressing F1 is not so damn hard. And you write so good enlish, i dont see why would reading help be a problem.

It should be possible if you choose DINT the Time is given in ms so if you scale the tag in the hmi with gain 1000 then you should be able to change number of seconds a delay should be..

I have never done this with graph but with the TON timers..
Yes i have also done that with TON in FC/FB, but dont work in GRAPH :angr:

S5Time (S5t#1S) format is not the same Time Format (T#1S) If you wish to vary the time the best way would be to pass the time into your sequence block as a parameter that you can then substitute for the fixed value you have at present. You can then pass a data word containing your desired time value.

Nick

Now i have tried to use those types in my DB = time, INT,DINT,WORD
and non of them works,

Maybe this is my solution
Make a new action like this
Code:
Action:
S1 TD T1
      DB1.DBW0

Transaction:
[LADDER]
     T1
----[  ]-----[/LADDER]
and store the time base in DB1.DBW0

So you did not even bother to look what is type t#. Pressing F1 is not so damn hard. And you write so good enlish, i dont see why would reading help be a problem.

Im so sorry, but i tried many times to decl. the type to TIME but it didnt work.
but did start over one more time when i say L D[AR2,P#0.0] post.

must been some problem when i jumping from my db to graph and so on.

Try it in a trivial graph example e.g. DB1.DBD0 contains T#3s in the following example, you can see that step1 was on for 3 secs.

step008.JPG

Yes use Step1.T in my GRAPH now,
and now some one have been on site and mixing with pneumatics cylinders so the seq. is taking longer time, going to put up the timers on the HMI so i dont need to get there to fix it next time.

Yes use Step1.T in my GRAPH now,
and now some one have been on site and mixing with pneumatics cylinders so the seq. is taking longer time, going to put up the timers on the HMI so i dont need to get there to fix it next time.

Did you substitude limitswitches on cylinder with timers. Cylinders do wear out, so does valves using those cylinders. It builds up to increased movement time. I dont know if its aplicable on your system. But think about it.

Yes regular i use limit switches, but in this case we try this way first.
if it doesnt work we need to find any limitswitcht that fits on this cyl.