Hardware reccomendation needed

jcraft

Hi all,

I have an application here and was wondering if I can get some ideas on te hardware/cost needed for this. I'm sure there are a lot of different ways. Just need a simple cost effective setup. Basically we have a small manual vinyl dip molding machine. It is pretty basic in that it has a small 1/8 HP dc motor/pot and an operator just moves a switch to control the up/down travel of an arm and the pot controls the speed. We would like to change this machine to have a small HMI unit, a plc and a servo drive with servo motor. We would like to be able to build recipes for the different dip profiles and be able to control the servo via the HMI. I am assuming all the recipes would be stored in the HMI itself. I wouldn't think we would need much more than 8 I/O points for the PLC. Please advise any thoughts. I have experience with PLC and HMI's however, I don't have a lot of experience with recipes and actually controlling servos via the HMI or PLC. Thanks

I haven't got much experience with anything other than Siemens, but you could do this pretty cheaply with a Sinamics CU305, PM340 and a TP177B. If you haven't got any experience with any of this kit, I would recommend getting someone in for th job, however.

There's probably simpler solutions out there......

Hi,
I read your posting and understand the need for your project. I would suggest using a product called View Pac VP-25W9-EN-300R (HMI+ PLC). This is a cost effective method that I used in my previous project as the ViewPac is a combination of a PLC and an HMI. The HMI software that I used was Indusoft.
VP-23W1 gives you the ability to install I/O expansion boards behind the viewpac itself.

Please go through this user manual
http://www.icpdas-usa.com/documentation/manuals/viewpac_2xw1_user_manual_v1.0.1_beta1.pdf

Please let me know if I have misinterpreted your application

Indusoft is a very user friendly HMI package. It has built in recipes and easy to create screens. Following is the link which has the user guide to using Indusoft with ViewPAC.
http://www.icpdas-usa.com/development_kits_software_suites.html

Combining Indusoft with ViewPac you negate the need for a separate PC and a PLC.

VP-25W9-EN-300R.JPG

Last edited: