Wiring a Micrologix 1400

rmb550

I have been struggling with AB's User Manual for the ML 1400. The outputs on the BXBA version say they have 6 relays, 3 high speed DC outs and 3 normal DC outs. I can't figure out from the manual which ones are which. Also, the diagrams in that manual are confusing. One shows all 25 points, another only shows selected ones. Why is it so difficult for AB to just print a diagram showing what is connected to each terminal? I tried contacting them today, but it seems like I have to give them money to discuss shortcomings in their documentation.
GRRRRRRRR
rmb

It is a bit vague as you said, but here is a link to a manual, see page 21, 22 and 43 for the terminals info.
Good luck. I hope this helps a little.
Link:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1766-in001_-en-p.pdf

Edit :
Page 31 says outputs 2,3,4 are the high speed DC outputs so outputs 5,6,7 should be the normal DC outputs. Outputs 0,1,8,9,10,11 are isolated relay outputs.
You didn't ask but Inputs 0 thru 11 are high speed DC inputs. Inputs 12 thru 19 are standard DC inputs.

Last edited:
Thanks jr that's exactly what I needed to pull it together. Not sure why they feel they need to spread this over so many documents......now I will find out how fast they can deliver the controllers.
Cheers!
rmb

jr thanks for the edit. The version of the document I had was IN001B (and not that old) it seems Rockwell answered all the questions with this October 2009 Revision.

My local rep said he was putting 4 ML1400 in stock, his only issue up until now had been CSA approval - he would only sell us devices if he was assured the end product was not remaining in Canada - but we understand that is now looked after. I will report back on what they tell me P&D.

Thanks for all the great help here, it's the BEST source of tools & tricks & clarifications.
RMB