PV+ RSLinx Comm Problems

argobamafan

I have a question for anyone who might have an answer. i have a pc connected to a plc5 via data link serial connection that is connected to a pv+ 1000 via DH+. i have the communications shortcut set to DH+ driver With the plc node attached. i have the pv+ node set to corrospond to the dh+ channel i have set up in the plc5 processor. i have a solid green light an the processor channel and on the pv+ but when i browse rslinx only the pc and the plc show up. shouldnt the panel view be there as well? also the pv+ test screen i have set up will not function with the plc i have tried all kinds of tag addressing but same results. I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

Does the PV+ have a DH+ address set that is not the same as the PC or PLC? If the PV+ hasn't loaded the driver, it may not show up either.

(it would have been best to tack this on to your other thread you started)

man i am so lost. i have it set up with just a plc5 rack w/ no cards, just the processor. i am jacked in to the processor via data link serial df1. the processor channel (2A) is connected to the rio/dh+ terminal on the pv. i can see my shortcut in the pv config screen which addresses the node that i have the processor set at. i also have a solid comm light on the pv+ and processor channel 2A. i tried rolling the wires and the comm lights flashed, when i rolled them back they turned solid again. i would think that i should atleast be able to see the pv+ in the df1 browser. i can see my pc and the plc but thats it. heres a snapshot of what i have on the plc and pv+.nodes are pc(73),plc(31),pv+(10)plc channel.jpgpv shortcut.jpg

PLC5's do not support passthru communications. If I understand your connection correctly. The only thing you are going to see while connected to the serial port of your PLC5 with RsLinx is the PLC5 and your PC.