22-COMM-E in RSLinx, Port 0 - Not Present?

CapinWinky

I have two 22-XCOMM-DC-BASE, both with 22-COMM-E interfaces. I used BootP to set their IP addresses and they show up in RSLinx. One shows up as a red silhouette of an RJ45 jack with "DSI" under it, while the other shows up as a big yellow question mark.

The problem one returns its device name as "Port 0 - Not Present" and the product code as 65280. It also has the firmware version listed as 1.001. The good one returns "22-COMM-E" as the device name, product code 34048, and firmware version 1.008. They are consecutive serial numbers.

If i use ControlFlash on the offending one, it shows current firmware version correctly as 1.008.

Help!

check all of your connections and dip switches. check the config. do you have drive executive

It turned out to be a dip switch. I had old info that said switch 1 was unused and switch 2 activated the web interface. In fact, switch 1 selects single or multiple drive operation and I needed to have it in multiple drive operation.

That doesn't really explain why the device was completely unrecognized when the switch 1 turned off, but at least it's working.