direct browse tags in SLC500

Can you direct browse a tag in a SLC500?

personally I don't know what you're asking ... if you can give us some more details, maybe we can come up with something ...

and just for kicks, what does the (blue) title bar of your copy of RSLinx say? ... please be specific - it might make a difference in answering your original question ...

You can use online tags but they are the actual addresses (N7:5 B3:2/1 etc) rather than the nicknames you may have assigned in the RSLogix500 software since those aren't transferred to the PLC. But you will see all of the addresses available under the 'online' section and they are usable as any other. Your display program object 'connection' information may not be as helpful though.

is the picture below "sort-of-kind-of" what you're looking for? ... here I just set up a Custom Data Monitor - and then right-clicked it and selected "Show Symbols" ...

cdm_SYMBOLS.JPG

and (depending on what you're trying to accomplish) the technique shown below might come in handy ...

here we've set up a DDE link in (a NON-Lite version of) RSLinx ... then click Station and Data Monitor from the RSLinx menu ... note that you don't even have to have RSLogix in order to make this approach work ...

DATA_MONITOR.JPG