WW Combo-Boxes

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am using combo-boxes as they are intended, but have a minor issue, when the screen loads that has the combo-box, the current value is not updated in the box.

I can use the wcGetItem & wcFindItem functions to return the current string value, and position in the list respectively, but for some reason, when the window opens, the combo-box is not displaying the value of the string that the value should be.

There must be something simple that I am not doing...

I have no idea what your using, which software ? which hardware? all you've provided is the tags with no further detail or telling us what components you have. if you can post the code in question in PDF format would also be helpful

I have no idea what your using, which software ?
Wonderware (WW) Intouch Scada application. Version is current, 10.1 SP2.

which hardware?
Not sure what you mean here, but just on my standard PC, that has WW (Wonderware) installed on.

all you've provided is the tags with no further detail or telling us what components you have
?? From the title, I assumed that by using WW, most would recognize that I meant WonderWare InTouch, I apologize if I did not provide enough info.

. if you can post the code in question in PDF format would also be helpful
The code is as the example in the manual says.

Are you familiar with Wonderware (WW), if so have/do you use combo/list box's?

i know exactly what you mean lostcontrol, i have the same issue when you make a selection via the combo box then change to a different window - when you return to the combo box the combo box text isnt visible. unfortunately i dont have a fix for you but maybe because the combo box is there as a selection tool its supposed to be this way??

🔨

LH

i know exactly what you mean lostcontrol, i have the same issue when you make a selection via the combo box then change to a different window - when you return to the combo box the combo box text isnt visible. unfortunately i dont have a fix for you but maybe because the combo box is there as a selection tool its supposed to be this way??

Yeah, I have seen this working before, and have tried replicating it, but does not want to work. There is something that is making the selection text reset, and I am not sure what it is, even though the value is retaining its value.

If you know the position of the item in the list, you can run the following script when the screen loads:

SetPropertyI ("ComboBox_1.ListIndex", 2);

Where 2 is the position of the item in the list.

If you know the value in the list, you can run the following instead:

SetPropertyM ("ComboBox_1.Value", "xxx");

If you know the position of the item in the list, you can run the following script when the screen loads:

SetPropertyI ("ComboBox_1.ListIndex", 2);

Where 2 is the position of the item in the list.

If you know the value in the list, you can run the following instead:

SetPropertyM ("ComboBox_1.Value", "xxx");

DaveW, you the man! that was exactly what I was after!! (y)

Does the W stand for Wonderware?
:rolleyes: