LMTR and ATS48 combo

cjjeeper

I got handed a pump controller built by Square D. So came all pre wired with standard drawings.

It has a Tesys T / LMTR and an ATS48 soft start.

I only have a modbus connection to the Tesys T / LMTR.

How does writing the MTR FORWARD CMD to the LMTR start the SS?

I don't see it. The LMTR has no outputs wired. There is no communication between the LMTR and the ATS48.

Anyone use this combo before?

I've used several of the LMTR overloads and Schneider soft-starts.

Something is missing from the hardware that you are describing. As you suspect, the only way the overload can change anything is through its relay output contacts. If they are not wired it is not commanding that the motor should start.

We've used MCC buckets that had Scheider soft-starts where an LMTR was used to put them on Ethernet. In all those cases there was wiring from the LMTR outputs to the soft-start control terminals.

Is there any possibility of a communication connection to the soft-start?

Thanks,

We ended up wiring LI6 so that it could swap from Local to Remote so I can write to it via modbus and then wired LO1 to the SS. LO1 is the Run forward contact.

The OL wiring for the SS was missing also. Had to wire that in.

But got it working.

Thanks again