1747-dps2 port splitter

dunkenmac

I have a maples Blue series HMI connected to a ML1500 through a 1747-DPS2 port splitter I also have a 1761-net-eni connnected to the port splitter so I can connect to it over the network. The problem is it keeps timming out and i can not figure out why. I have all of the set up the same way 19000kbps, Parity Bit none, stop bit 1, embedded responce Auto-detect, error detection CRC, detect duplicate packet.
The ML1500 is set up as node 1, HMI is node 2 and the DPS2 is node 3
Thanks

What exactly is the "it" that is timing out ?

An HMI terminal should be able to connect to the Prog/HMI port, but a Net-ENI connected to the Network port can only accept outgoing messages from the controller, not incoming messages from another HMI or RSLinx/RSLogix.

DPS2.jpg

When I power down the port splitter and bring "it" Back up everything works fine for about an hour. I then see the HMI time out and if I look for the ML1500 on line I only see the ENI. So I assume that the DPS2 is what is actually loosing communication. I also have the DPS2 set up for DF1 full-duplex
Thanks

I am having a similiar issue with a DPS2 - I have a Quartech communication bridge on the Network port and RSView32 on the PROG/HMI port. It works great for about 10 minutes and then the communication lights go out and everything ceases to talk. The only way to recover is to cycle power on the DPS2. The cabling I'm using is CP3's on the Controller and Prog/HMI ports. The Network port is using a cable that came from Quartech. Connecting the Quartech directly to the SLC5/03 port works just fine.

Did you get any resolution to your problem?