Saving RS500 data files/Variables

adamk1217

Does anyone know how to upload RS500 PLC variables from an allen bradley PLC and save them?

I developed plc code for one type of machine. I would now like to load that PLC program in multiple machines without losing calibration factors for each specific machine. The problem is when I download, RS500 downloads the data files also.

A co-worker a couple years ago found a program on the internet that allowed him to upload plc variables and save them.

You should be able to go online with the processor and then perform a save. When you save it should ask you if you want to upload online values as part of the save process.

What I do is open two instances of RS500. With one of them, upload your processor image with the variables that you want to keep, with the other open the new file that you want to download. Before downloading, copy (ctrl-c) the data files with the calibrated values from the first instance to the new instance (paste, ctrl-v). Your new program now has the variables you want to keep.

Once you have followed the advice in the previous post investigate, in the help file, 'Data Table File Protection'. Gather all the calibrated values into their own data table then protect that. You can protect it against being changed during a download or memory module load.

Thanks this program is exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is this software is only setup for serial communications. Is there a similiar program that allows for ethernet communications.

That is the only means of comm to my PLC.

Scroll down in this thread (look for his 2.05 release). You may be able to take the driver from Archies AdvancedHMI and use it in the DF1 App. Or you may be able to take the form from the DF1 App and put in to the AdvancedHMI app. I suppose either way it could take some trickery.