Looking for software to program AEG Modicon Micro with 110-612-00

roxley

Hi All,
I'm trying to program a Modicon Micro 110 CPU 612 00 PLC and I can't find the right software, or any software, that will even open a com port, never mind actually programming. I've looked for Imodsoft: can't find it
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!

The older DOS taylor and modsoft software directly controlled the COM port. Windoze won't let software have direct access to the serial port so even if you run the software in compatability mode you may have problems. I have successfully used DOSBOX with some of the older software but I haven't used it with Modsoft. You may want to consider that as an option.

The older DOS taylor and modsoft software directly controlled the COM port. Windoze won't let software have direct access to the serial port so even if you run the software in compatability mode you may have problems.
It only needs to directly control the comm port if rtu mode is used (this mode relies on precise timing) if you are able to use ascii mode you will not have a problem. I use ProworxPlus under XP using this method

Thanks to all who replied, but I've decided to stay with idec PLC's and sell off my Modicon Micro's. I have 5 for sale if anyone is interested.
Again, thanks for all your support and mentoring wisdom!