Channel 0 Config Switch

firebrd10

I am trying to change the Channel 0 Configuration with the use of a switch.
SLC 505 Ethernet

I have a few maintenance techs without ethernet capability on there laptops. I am also using the RS 232 port for comms. during the process. I would like to be able to swap the channel between user and system without having to make an ethernet connection first.
Does anyone have any ideas. I have already tried toggling the correspondiong bit in the status file but that did not give me the desired result.

Yes I can modify S:33/3 but you have to change from run to program and back.
Once you make this swap it loads the value in the communications config.

OK
I played around some more and found a way to do it by sending channel 0 specific ASCII strings.
I hate to think I am going to have to train the maintenance staff on how to use hyperterminal just so they can access these PLC's

Still hoping someone has a better idea!!!!!!!!!!

Tim