I/O Accessing

svoicum

Hello all!

After searching high and low I didn't find anything to help me, so I would like to ask for your help. Can anyone tell me how do I access one PIW 1 variable from one PLC (PLC 1) from another PLC's (PLC 2) program. I am using ET200s IM151-8 PN/DP CPUs, using S7 connection. I can see variables in HMI but I don't know how to use them in programs that are not on the same PLC as the variables.

Cheers,
Voicu

You have to send the i/o from one CPU to the other.

With 2 x IM151-8, there are two ways:

1. With PUT/GET and a fully configured S7 connection in NetPro.
2. With TCON/TSEND/TRCV/TDISCON. The connection is fully setup in code, no need for NetPro.

No 1 the easiest, no 2 is the most flexible.

Help...

After doing some research I came across an example from Siemens (for using SFB 14 and 15) https://support.automation.siemens....slib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=1819293&caller=view

I was able to translate the SFB call, but couldn't figure the SR part (Network 4, see image below): what is the clock marker (M10.6)?.
fbdsr.png

Could someone translate the FBD code into SCL code for me, please?

I can see data transfering from one PLC to the other, but only when one of them Stop's and Starts, so I guess it has something to do with the rising edge. I also found this http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=46865&highlight=scl+set+reset but I'm having trouble configuring the variables like in the image above.

Thank you,
Voicu

Last edited: