Trouble accessing Panelview fileserver

wesselvos

Hi,

Small issue i've really been beating myself up over today. I've been working with Panelview panels for years. Currently working on an older installation with some Panelview Plus 6 1500's. I've always been able to access the fileserver on the panel by \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in windows explorer like you should. However since about a week this doesn't seem to work anymore and i can't figure out why.

I have tried this on a newer installation with some Panelview Plus 7's and i seem to run into the same issue. I am 100% sure the fileserver is turned on as i've always been doing.

Any ideas? Im kind of leaning towards company policies on my laptop that have been changed recently, but would like to know your opinion before i contact IT.

I haven't done that much myself, but I do remember prepending "ftp:\" to the IP address instead of just the "\". I also remember having an issue with IT policies blocking ftp traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue for you.