Trouble communicating an S7-1200 with a Network Analyzer Socomec Diris A-30

Helium

Disclaimer: English isn’t my native language, so apologize for any incoming grammatical or spelling mistake.

Hello everyone.

I’m trying to make a datalogger in a S7-1200 (1214C DC/DC/RLY to be precise) to upload read data from a network analyzer Socomec A-30, I’m connecting this device with the PLC via Modbus TCP (I’ll leave the link to the modbus registers at the end of this post), but I’m having some trouble reading data from the server (Diris A-30).
Via the cmd I made sure the devices are well connected, so there aren’t errors regarding wiring or IP address assignment as far as I’m aware.
I tried out first reading a couple of registers with a two MB_client with different variables at the CONNECT terminal it was just fine, but when I kept adding more MB clients some MB blocks stopped reading and the STATUS variable showed the following error code 80A3, I looked up on the Tia Portal Help and I couldn’t find a clear description of the error, as far as I know it is trying to stablish an already existing connection?

The thing is after randomly recoding and downloading the program all the sudden the blocks started working. After adding one more, this last one had showed on STATUS “80C5” and “80C4”. After that I tried using only one CONNECT variable for all the MB_Clients I had but of course timing everything properly. Like last time it worked for a pair of blocks but once I kept adding more the 80A3 error showed up again, and after recoding and stop the plc several times I couldn’t make it work again.

Could somebody please help me out with this issue? What does the 80A3 error mean in this case considering all the context mentioned before?
I’ll upload the program if you want to get a closer look, you may check out mainly:
  1. FC: Comunicación Diris A30
  2. DB: Datos Leidos_Diris_A30
  3. DB: Datos MB Client
  4. DB: Solicitudes_Cliente_S7-1200

Where all regarding the communication stuff is. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards.

PD:
Diris A-30 Modbus registers table:
https://www.socomec.com/files/live/sites/systemsite/files/SCP/6_gestion_energie/diris/diris_a30_a41/DIRIS-A-30_COMMUNICATION-TABLE_2018-01_DCG01013_MULTI.html
Program file:
https://mega.nz/file/aYpGzQrA#2YPnBlEnAN4UWaWVK1KL7zxL_5igGxr7r8LpyMekbyE

It has been a while since I used Modbus TCP on the PLC, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will also answer. I think the MB_CLIENT uses TCON to make the connection and the error 80A3 is coming from there. In English the error says 'Attempt being made to re-establish an existing connection.' But if you get your help file for TCON you should be able to get it in your native language.
I haven't seen that error in my programming, so I can't say how to fix it. I did find that I had to slow the Modbus requests down, it takes time for a request to be transmitted, time for the remote device to respond, and time for it to be received by the Modbus block. You do have to make sure that a read is complete before asking for another one, I can't remember if it was Status or Busy that I used for that.

If the Modbus device has holes in the sequence of registers then the error will cause the whole of the read to fail. So if the Modbus device had registers at 40001, 40002, 40004, then you would have to use two reads, because the lack of 40003 would stop the read from working.

Hope that gets you started, buena suerte.

but when I kept adding more MB clients some MB blocks stopped reading and the STATUS variable showed the following error code 80A3,

I may have misunderstood what you wrote, but if I remember correctly Socomec Diris has a small number of connections available to poll data from. If you create MB_Clients and each take a connection to communicate with the device, then it may well start turning them down.

This thread seems to point in a similar direction too:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/forum/gb/en/posts/mb-client-and-status-error-80a3/170972