Accessing SLC 5/03 A data files with C-more HMI

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking to replace an AB PanelView 600 2711-K6C2 HMI with a C-more EA9-T10WCL. The PLC in the system is a SLC 5/03, which is staying.

I appear to have hit on a major stumbling block. The PLC makes use of the A data files for storing and displaying ASCII data for part program names. None of the C-more's available protocols seem to give access to the A data files. I was thinking that I could convert them to ST data for which the C-more does have support. However, my boss tells me (though I haven't as yet confirmed) that the PLC memory on this machine is absolutely full to the brim and that it's highly unlikely that conversion code could be added to the PLC.

Any ideas?

Is there an HMI out there that can access the SLC's A files?

Thanks for the input. There doesn't seem to be much information on their site. We're an industrial machinery merchant, so we tend to need the cheaper solutions and I don't think an industrial PC would fly in this application.