Problem going online to GE VersaMax Micro with Proficy ME

PLCRookie

I am trying to go online with a Micro with Proficy ME software. I have a cable IC200CBL500A. When I try to go online, I cannot connect. This PLC lost its program. I am now onsite to reload, but cannot go online.

Any help appreciated.

:geek:

Is the COM port setup properly in the target's properties in the ME project? If you're using a USB/serial adapter, they quite often install themselves as high COM port numbers. Default setting for SNP ports is 19.2 Kbaud, 7 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Steve,
No converter. Straight from the COM port.Settings look correct in the propery inspector. I will check my PC com port settings. Sad part is, I have done this before, I just cant remember how.
:confused:

Thanks

Is the "OK" LED on?
If there was a modem at one time the parity will likely be set to None "N", and the baud may be dropped to 9600.

Did you change any of the serial port properties in your old program? If you changed the baud rate, parity, or stop bits (for a Modbus application, for example), in my experience you then have to change to those same settings in order to go online. I just went online with a device at 9600, 8, N, 1 because that is what I programmed to the serial port for Modbus.

I made a typo in my previous post about the default settings for an SNP port. It should be 19.2 Kbaud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Do you have RSLinx on the same computer? If so, make sure you stop it so that it relinquishes the COM port for other applications. There could also be some application other than RSLinx that is hogging the port, but that's one of the usual suspects.

I made a typo in my previous post about the default settings for an SNP port. It should be 19.2 Kbaud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, odd parity.

Do you have RSLinx on the same computer? If so, make sure you stop it so that it relinquishes the COM port for other applications. There could also be some application other than RSLinx that is hogging the port, but that's one of the usual suspects.
That was the first thing I looked for, Steve. I will try the different settings.

o_O

Again I ask, did you reprogram any of the settings for the port in your application? If you did, you need to use those because the default settings do not appear to work for me as I am testing this right now on my R&D unit. Only the changed settings are working for me, which in my case is 9600, None, 1. I created a new application and that is what I needed to do to connect. It started out at 19200, Odd, 1 but I had to change it.

Again I ask, did you reprogram any of the settings for the port in your application? If you did, you need to use those because the default settings do not appear to work for me as I am testing this right now on my R&D unit. Only the changed settings are working for me, which in my case is 9600, None, 1. I created a new application and that is what I needed to do to connect. It started out at 19200, Odd, 1 but I had to change it.
I have tried changing the settings, to no avail.