problem going online with a S7 300 via router

yoquins

Hi guys,

I am new in siemens software and trying to go online with a plc S7 300 via router, this is what i have been doing, first i connect my vmware station to a wireless router, assign automatic IP address, the PLC is connected to the same router via cable.

when i set the pc/pg interfase it shows a good connection, but when I loof for available nodes, nothing appears, even i can ping the PLC and the aswer is pretty good.

I am using the Step7 professional V5.5 sp2, any help would be really appreciated!!!!

best regards

have you selected right ethernet interface from: set PG/PC interface on step7?

Try first connecting plc with ethernet cable directly to PC, can you see plc then?

I understand your Step7 is under VMware right?
Try change network from NAT to bridged and test again.

Also try to get connected straight to plc first, although going through router does not not make any difference as long as you are on same IP class.