About Stepper Indexer

angi

Hi guys

Here is the problem:
there is a motor control system on the floor, it use a single board PC(Winsystem)to connect a HMI and a Indexer/Drive. there are position and command position values on HMI, the problem happens when the position value less than 1.5 inch, for example,I want to move to 1.3 inch, it will not work, what I need to do is manually change the position value to a larger number, for example,2.5 from 1.5, then I could key in 2.3, now, it will to the place 1.3 inch.
Anybody know how to fix it? I donot know what software in the single board PC.

Thanks

without some form of identification on the single board we won't know either. hers a couple of ideas on how to find out.
1) talk to whoever supplied the board
2) hopefully number one works but if not many boards will have somewhere on it a part number or manufacturing number if it does you can take that information and google it and hopefully it will reveal who manufactured it and provide a link to someone you can contact.

as far as your problem a couple of things to look into is what is the resolution of the stepper motor
If this is a new problem then chances are either the board or the stepper motor developed a fault of some kind (Not software.
If this is something thats been occuring all the time then I would try to determine the distance one step equals (Resolution)
One the motor you should find some motor data on its nameplate this may aid you in tracking down the single board controller information provide us these details and we will have a better chance in helping you

Also there is several types of stepper motors so if you can supply us with the number of lines hooked up to it, the names of those signals or if you know its specific type provide us with that as well

Last edited: