Schneider Concept question

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
I have a client with a piece of equipment that came in with a Modicon PLC. The OEM supplied a .PRJ file along with the equipment. Client has purchased Concept software and installed it, but when we try to open the .PRJ file we get a message that says "Object not found in database". "Error Id: AI-1300".

Click the OK on the message and Concept remains open but that project is not.

What is the message trying to tell me? We used all of the default option selections when installing Concept and the supplemental CD that came along with it. Are there other features that need to be added to the Concept installation?

Not sure but it seems that some files are missing. A Concept project need other files to be execute. Check in C:\Concept\"name of the project".

You should have more than 16 files for this project ((*.C0 to *.C5),(*.P1 to *.P4),*.Qx,*.CCO, *.Prj)

What is the version of your Concept software ?

Is the project that you are trying to open have been made with the same version of Concept ?

Its Concept 2.6 SR6.

When I first tried to open the project I got the message "Version of project does not match". I ran Concept Converter. Then when I tried to open the project, the first message to pop up said "FFB 'PIDFF' was changed. Do you want to substitute all instances of old version?" When I clicked "Yes" I got the "Object not found" message.

See "Upgrade.pdf" file in your Concept folder. It says:

"Please follow the steps described below when installing Concept 2.6 and porting your projects from previous Concept versions prior to Concept 2.5."

"Export your project created in a previous Concept version using the Concept Converter program (dbconv.exe) supplied with the earlier version of Concept."

So, you need to know if the project is from Concept 2.1 or 2.2 and use the Concept converter (2.1 or 2.2 Dbconv.exe) to export it as an asc file. Then, import asc file with the 2.6 converter.

I don't know what version the OEM used for the project, nor does my client have earlier versions of Concept. They purchased the current version from the local distributor so they can support the equipment.

The archive supplied by the OEM included an asc file, presumably created with the same version as the rest of the project. It was that asc file that I imported using Concept Converter from the v2.6 installation.

the first message to pop up said "FFB 'PIDFF' was changed. Do you want to substitute all instances of old version?" When I clicked "Yes" I got the "Object not found" message.

What happen if you do not substitute the PIDFF block ?

OK, have you tried to convert the project with 2.6 basic version at first ?

If you refer to section 1.1 (c:\concept\infosr6e.pdf),it says:

"Upgrade to Concept V2.6 SR6 from a version prior to V2.5 SR1"

"You must convert all applications with the Concept Converter before performing this install".

Well that would have been difficult for me to do. All I had prior to installing Concept was a zip file from the OEM containing all of the files in the project directory. So I don't have a version of Concept earlier than 2.6 from which to launch Concept Converter.

If I'm not mistaken Concept Converter creates the asc file. There was an asc file included in the zip file, so I'm under the impression the OEM ran the appropriate version of Concept Converter before zipping up the files in the project directory.

When I first tried to open the project I got the message "Version of project does not match". I ran Concept Converter. Then when I tried to open the project, the first message to pop up said "FFB 'PIDFF' was changed. Do you want to substitute all instances of old version?" When I clicked "Yes" I got the "Object not found" message.

Do not copy the OEM project files in concept folder. Just copy the OEM asc file in a new sub folder of concept. Import the asc file with the converter. It will generate the updated project files in that same folder.

Open Concept 2.6... c:\concept\updated project\updated.prj. Substitute all the FFBs that it asked for. Click on the project browser icon. You should see the program sections. If you cannot substitute FFBs at openning of the project, choose "No" and substitute them manually(Objects/Replace FFB).

Open Concept 2.6... c:\concept\updated project\updated.prj. Substitute all the FFBs that it asked for. Click on the project browser icon. You should see the program sections. If you cannot substitute FFBs at openning of the project, choose "No" and substitute them manually(Objects/Replace FFB).
I thought you might be onto something with importing from the asc file into a folder that only contains the asc file, but I get the same results as when the folder contains a full set of files.

Whether I click "Yes" or "No" when asked about subsitutung FFBs, the next thing I see is the "Object not found" message. When I exit out of that message the project has not been opened.

the first message to pop up said "FFB 'PIDFF' was changed. Do you want to substitute all instances of old version?" When I clicked "Yes" I got the "Object not found" message.

Object not found ? Have you browsed the Concept 2.6 library to see if the PIDFF is there? Open an existing project or create a new one, create a new section, open the section, Shift+F, type PIDFF, place the FFB into the section and see if there is a warning message.

Also, CONT_CTL.DTY file should be present in concept\LIB folder. Inside this file you should see the structure of the PIDFF FFB.

I have done a test by importing a project from Concept 2.1 to 2.6 SR6(asc file)with a PIDFF into a section and everything works well.

Anyways, the simpliest thing i would try to do is to uninstall concept 2.6, delete C:\concept, install Concept 2.6 basic, concept 2.6 SR6 patch and retry.

The PIDFF function is defined in the CONT_CTL.DTY file. I guess I'll try the uninstall/reinstall route.

When I originally installed Concept, not knowing enough to evaluate the choices, I simply accepted the default options at all prompts. Are there options I should have included? I realize that without knowing what's in the project that may be a difficult question to answer.

Are there any Concept manuals available beyond the help files? If so can you tell me a publication number and point me to a url where I can download them? The error message that pops up when I try to open the project says:
"Object not found in database"
"Error Id: AI-1300"

The index of the Concept help file yields no results for the terms "Error ID" or "AI-1300". Anything related to "Error" looks like either the blink codes on the PLC hardware or else error messages once you have a project opened. The closest hit with "AI" is related to the AII-330 analog input module.