Address labels

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, again. New/rusty AB user and need to know how to display mnemonics for B's, T's, C's, etc... . MTB says they are labeled, however, all I can view is address, (eg. B3:2/14). Is there a way to display them or is mfg incorrect, that they are not labeled? Thank you.

can you tell us what you mean by the word "mnemonics"? ...

the "taken at face value" answer to your question is that you double-click the rung number (in the left margin) to get to the "edit" mode ... then you double-click the rung number again - to get to the "ASCII" mode ... the mnemonics will be displayed in a new window ... for example: "XIC I:1/0 OTE B3/1" would be the mnemonic display for a simple rung ... other examples of mnemonics would be "TON" for a Timer On-Delay instruction, "CTU" for a Count-Up instruction, etc. ...

I've got a hunch that you're really trying to display "documentation" features such as "Top Limit Switch" and "Pump Motor A" ... if that's what you mean by "mnemonics" then try this:

right-click on an EMPTY area of the ladder display window – then choose Properties from the popup menu ... then go to the Comment Display tab and try turning on the various features ...

hope this helps ...

check to make sure it isn't "proprietary" or "trade secret" type information first - and we promise that we won't get our feelings hurt if you say "no" - but is there any way that you can post the entire RSS program file that you're working on? ... that would sure make things easier on you - and on us ...

note that you'll probably have to ZIP the file before you post it due to forum rules ...

Documentation is not stored inside the plc you are using. In orde for you to see any docunentation you need to have a documented copy of the program. If the documented program is open and you go online the development software will match the documnetation to the addresses in the online program.

Keith