CompactLogix 1769-L23E-QB1B will support the point IO 1734-IE8 module

ALT

Hai,I have simple configuration issue.Will compact logix 1769-L23E-QB1B support the Point IO 1734-IE8 module.I have treid configuring the module in the RSlogix-5000 but unable to create the IE8 Module with the 1734-AENT adapter.Please anybody suggest for this issue

I can't seem to make that configuration work at all, with the 1734-IE8C module. RSLogix won't accept it, however, I can generate one in RSNetWorx that can include it.

/Shrug.

It works in V18. What version are you using?

Also, make sure that under the general tab for the 1734-AENT module, in the module definition section that you set the "Chassis Size" to be greater than one. If it is one you will not be able to add any modules at all.

It works in V18. What version are you using?

Also, make sure that under the general tab for the 1734-AENT module, in the module definition section that you set the "Chassis Size" to be greater than one. If it is one you will not be able to add any modules at all.

I didn't try 18, only 17. Probably going to stay with 16 too, until it's 100% unsupported.

Hmm... Also tried 17 and it also worked. I really think the Chassis size may be set to the default of 1. It need to be greater than one to define a module.

Darren

Odd... I just tried again, even with a large chassis size, and can't get that module to even show up. Possibly Logix doesn't recognize the EDS file?

I even tried dropping it into another project, with an L61 and ControlNet, no listing for the module in Logix, but it shows up fine in Networx Controlnet.

Good call Darren, I didn't even think to look there, but yep. It seems I'm missing a number of profiles that should have been installed with V17, but somehow never made it.

Original poster: Try that, download the add-on profile, install, and restart Logix.