FT View Question

swaneyj

I am running a Plc 5/40 with HMI using FT View and I have built a screen where I want the operator to input a batch total of 45000 in a block. In the tag data base I built a tag(batch_size)
Analog
Min =0
Max =32767
scale=1
Offset=0
Data type= Interger
Plc address ::[B08_plc]N44:66

Now my question is how do I set up the plc or hmi, so when the operator enters 45000 it will write 45000 into the block. If I enter it now it just goes red. I can write up to 32767.

You could use a floating point address for the simplest fix.

Another method would be to scale the integer *0.1 so that when the operator enters 45000, the value of 4500 would be written to the integer.

you can use MULTIPLY instruction with the standered base value and according to tha multification value you have to enter in the SCADA...
Its just as suggested by OkiePC.
Thanks for understanding.

Thanks guys I just figured out I did not change my tag data base on the point of data type to a floating point. I did change it in my program and on the address of a f8:??. as soon as I changed it in the tag down loaded it and it wrote a 45000 in.