Cannot browse slc500 or plc-5 controllers with ethernet/ip driver

mhuntwork

Hello,

I have my ethernet/ip driver configured (AB_ETHIP-1) and set to the correct card/address on my computer and, furthermore, can ping the ip address of a plc-5 controller but cannot browse anything with RSWho in RSLinx(2.55).

I noticed that, on a different network, I could browse the drives and CLX controllers but not most of the SLC controllers.

Is there something simple that I am missing?

Thanks for any help,
Mike

Try the Ethernet Devices driver AB_ETH-1 set up for the PLC-5 you can ping. If it works, something in your network path is blocking the broadcast from the Ethernet/IP driver. Maybe your IT guys don't allow it?

Thanks, I was able to add the controller manually through the eth-1 driver.

I am in the field and only need to see that one controller so I guess I will move on and continue looking into this when a startup isn't hanging over my head!

I appreciate your help.
Mike